It’s official: eggs are hard to come by. Which definitely sucks for a lot of recipes that I was hoping to make through this mandatory time at home. Silver Lining though- I’m trying out some alternative ingredients and recipes that I normally wouldn’t have. For example, this egg-free crepe recipe stacks up pretty darn close to my normal crepe recipe- but less calories and easier process (thank goodness for my blender, it’s been working overtime lately)!
I know crepes are pretty customizable and it’s hard to go wrong- but my classic is always nutella + bananas. My friend also recently gifted me a bag of 100% dark chocolate cocoa nibs, which are seriously such a perfect addition! A little sprinkling on a fresh layer of nutella and I’m telling you- that chocolate crunch is perfection. Either way you choose to make your crepe, whether it’s with bananas or strawberries or with honey or caramel, I’m sure it’ll be perfect!
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup AP flour
- 1 tbsp melted butter or vegetable oil
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Extra Butter, for cooking
- In a blender, add all ingredients. Blend for 30 seconds. Add more milk as needed if the batter is too thick.
- In a non-stick pan or wok, set on medium heat and add 1-2 tbsp of butter. Allow butter to melt and coat the pan. Add 3 tablespoons of batter and quickly swirl around with rubber spatula to thin out.
- Cook until browned. Crepe should easily lift up when bottom side is cooked. Add butter as needed. Flip and cook until browned on both sides.
- Place the cooked crepes on a plate.
- Top with any favorites: chocolate, cocoa nibs, nutella, bananas, strawberries, etc. Fold crepe in half or top with additional crepe! Enjoy!