I’m all about the simple pleasures in life. A cup of coffee in the morning, warm chocolate chip cookies fresh out of the oven, a freshly made bed, reading a storybook to my nephew. And this pistachio bark? Definitely a simple pleasure. It’s four ingredients (that you probably already have in your kitchen pantry) and about 30 minutes out of your day.
I kept seeing these “simple” chocolate bark bars at the store, all fancied up & ready to give as gifts. It was always a thick slab of chocolate, peppered with nuts and salt. It looked gorgeous and delicious- and, of course, expensive. So I decided to go home and make my own version of this bark- with all the intention of gifting it to friends. Well…the second part didn’t work out. The bark was so simple and delicious, I ended up finishing it within two days. I told myself that it was so easy that I could just remake another batch and gift those so no harm done! Yeaaaaah….this bark has still not made it out of the apartment #oops.
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 cups dark chocolate, chopped
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Set up a double boiler. (I place a heat-safe bowl over a small pot of simmering water). Pour chopped dark chocolate and coconut oil into bowl, and mix until fully melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate on prepared sheet and spread evenly. Make sure to leave it thick, as this is the base for the bark.
- Sprinkle pistachios on top, pressing slightly to have the nuts set in the chocolate. Top with sea salt.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes to 1 hour. Then, break bark into big pieces and enjoy.