Okay okay, there’s some combinations that are just always an instant hit. Chocolate and vanilla? Yes. Coffee and Ice Cream? Yes. So I really don’t know why it’s taken me this long to combine my personal favorite ingredients and create these delicious cookies! What are my favorite ingredients? Chocolate, coconut, and coffee. Andddd what’s in these decadent little cookies? That’s right…chocolate, coconut, & coffee. What does this mean for me? It means that these cookies just earned a permanent spot in my emergency freezer cookie stash- a true honor & real essential in any household.
I’ve been having a serious chocolate craving lately! I even used up the entire emergency stash of my classic chocolate chip cookies in hopes of quelling it! But after devouring basically a tray full of cookies, I still wasn’t satisfied. Enter these doubly chocolately deliciousness! It 100% hit the spot, and the addition of coconut and coffee just pushed these over the top! They’re fudgy and flavorful, and gone within minutes! (That last part was not a joke, I actually need to whip up an extra batch just so I can have extra dough in the freezer.)
So if you’re as happy as I am that it’s the weekend, it’s officially cold, andddd to finally have a day of fully relaxing- it’s time to sit back and whip up this fresh batch of deliciousness! This weekend is going to be all about staying cozy indoors, making freshly brewed coffee, and binging on unbelievably predictable and ridiculous Netflix movies (it’s a guilty pleasure that I’m definitely taking part in this weekend). As I mentioned earlier, these cookies will be a perfect pairing to this weekend, no matter what you get up to!
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 6 tbsp dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup white all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate bars, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup coconut shredded
- 1/4 tsp espresso powder
- 1/2 tbsp flakey sea salt
- In the KitchenAid mixer bowl, install the blade attachment. Add softened butter, coconut oil, and both sugars. Beat on high until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the vanilla extract and egg. Mix until well blended.
- Gradually add cooca powder, flour, baking soda, and salt to the mixture. Whisk until well combined.
- Finally fold in the shredded coconut and dark chocolate chunks.
- Scoop the dough into balls and space them evenly onto a baking sheet with lined parchment paper.
- Refrigerate cookie dough balls for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F when ready to bake cookies.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until cookies are baked on the edge but still soft in the middle.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool. Sprinkle with flakey sea salt on top.